A person becomes obese only because of the following two factors:
(a) Over-eating food, i.e., consuming food more than what can be spent through work. The unused food excesses accumulate within the body, and stay as fat. This makes the person big-sized with flabby and toneless muscles and over-weight. However, an obese person of this kind will not have any major disease, as long as he/she drinks adequate quantity of water (about 2 L or more), and urinates well (8 times or more).
(b) Even if a person is going to eat moderate quantities of food, if he under-urinates all the time (e.g., 2-3 times daily), he is bound to put on weight, due to the accumulation of calcium within his body. In this kind of obese person, the muscles would look tough and well-built. A few of the major diseases (e.g., blood vessel thickening, heart blockages, stone diseases, tumours, lumps, cysts, fibroids, white discharges, erratic menses, hypothyroid problems, prostate enlargement, cancers, etc.) will certainly occur in this group of obese people.
If the features described under (a) and (b) above occur in combination, then the person would take up a huge body form, besides getting more than one of the above diseases.
To maintain a slim figure, one should do the following:
• eat slowly (avoid hurried eating)
• eat low density foods
• eat low protein diet
• avoid milk and other dairy products
• avoid calcium-enriched beverages, chocolates, too much of anchovies (ikan bilis) and other sea foods such as prawns, crabs, shellfish, etc.
• avoid eating constipating foods such as biscuits, cakes, chocolates, groundnuts, peanut butter, over-ripe papaya, snacks made of super-refined flour, etc.
• should eat some oily, sugary, and salty foods
• should drink about 8 glasses (2 L) of clean water daily
• should urinate 8–10 times daily, without holding back urinal pressure, and without sweating much.
• avoid using hot water for bathing (tepid/lukewarm, OK)
• avoid using fan at high speeds
• if using air-conditioner, use it at 25oC or so
• do ‘Breathing Exercise’ as described in the obesity book
• do ‘Body Rubbing Exercise’ as described in the obesity book.
• do ‘Body Towel Massage’ as told in the obesity book.
• if married, have regular sex relations (8-22 times/month)
• do not do any physical exercise that would promote sweating.
Following strictly all the above would prevent a person from putting on weight. If already obese, he/she would gradually lose it. If a person does most of the above, but not all, he/she will not get the expected result.
I have seen some people doing all else except swallowing rapidly (without chewing) high-density foods in large quantities per mouth full, all the time. These people would only put on weight, instead of losing it.
My book on obesity contains elaborate information on all of these, with the required statistical information for a better understanding of the phenomenon.
Information on my obesity book can be seen at the back pages of this book.
See Calf Hardness, Body Weight, Kidney Stones.