( ©: 6.6.2011: Dr. V.M. Palaniappan, Ph.D.)
Question from Miss P., Malaysian Indian; Place: No idea.
Apples and pears are alkaline fruits. So, according to your findings, they are cooling items.
What happens if we eat acid fruits, kept in a fridge and made cool?
Can they cure flu/fever?
Here is my answer:
I think, there is bit of confusion here.
When a product ‘feels’ cold when touched, it is based on TEMPERATURE.
When body feels cool, it is based on ACID-ALKALINE balance (i.e., pH balance).
If body fluids are ALKALINE to three-fifths (or more alkaline), then, body would feel COOL.
If body fluids are ACIDIC to three-fifths (or more acidic), then body would feel HOT / feverish.
I think there is a bit of confusion in you between cold as is measurable by thermometer, "Body's Coolness" which is NOT measurable by thermometer, but only by a pH meter.
• Ice is chill because of the LOW temperature.
• Acidity is HOT, and is measureable by a pH meter.
• Alkalinity is COOLING, also measurable by pH meter.
• Whether you eat apple at "0" degree or at at 60 degrees celcius, it is still alkaline, and is "cool".
• Chlorox (you use for cleaning the toilet) is HOT by pH meter, because it is ACID. Even if you keep a bottle of Hydrochloric Acid or Sulphuric Acid or Nitric Acid or any other acid in the Deep Freezer, if you dip your finger into it, it will still BURN. This burning is not caused by fire or high temperature, but is by strong acidity.
• Flu/fever is the result of high acidity.
• Just before the onset of flu/fever, if you can eat alkaline food or fruits, they can neutralise the body acidity, and thereby you will not get flu. However, this should be done just before the onset of virus disease. Alkalising the body AFTER virus infection will be effectiveless, and in fact, it will deteriorate the condition further.
• You can read such information and more related details in my book "Obesity".