Dr.V.M.Palaniappan, Ph.D.

Featured Post

SEE MY SPECIAL APPROACH FOR AN IMMEDIATE RECOGNITION OF A ‘PREMATURE’ AND BREAKTHROUGH HEALTHSCIENCE DISCOVERY, THAT WAS ‘RESISTED’ ALL THIS WHILE

SEE MY SPECIAL APPROACH FOR AN IMMEDIATE RECOGNITION OF A ‘ PREMATURE ’  AND BREAKTHROUGH  HEALTH SCIENCE  DISCOVERY , THAT ...

Your needs / Objectives / Indemnification

After reading my articles, if you are convinced of their worthiness/ usefulness, you may want to kindly spread the news to your friends suggesting to read what you had read.

My ambition is to reach out to the World Health Organisation, so that my findings will become useful to people worldwide.
'
I will be happy to cooperate / coordinate with any scientist for the furtherance of my findings.

I am extremely THANKFUL to GOOGLE for their fantastic and free services all the time, for reaching out to the public at large.


Indemnification: All my articles are based on MY OWN research, and I strongly believe that they are true. I have been requesting the W.H.O. and Malaysian Ministry of Health to evaluate my discoveries. Until they are approved for use, the Readers of all my articles should get the approval of a Registered Medical Practitioner prior to practising them, and I should not be held responsible for any mishap at all.





With best wishes and thanks,
Dr. Palani, Ph.D.




Ecological Healing System

Powered By Blogger

ALL THE TIME: Popular Posts

Monday, February 4, 2013

Among mobile phone users, listeners seem to suffer more of the adverse effects


(© 4 February, 2013: Dr.V.M.Palaniappan, Ph.D.)

Those who TALK for long durations do NOT seem to get much of the adverse effects.

Whereas, those who keep LISTENING even for lesser durations tend to develop dizziness.

This has been the finding (still a hypothesis) after repeated tests I carried out during the past one year. (However, this finding requires further confirmation through some properly designed scientific research!)

About a year ago, as I was listening to the nearly-nonstop talk of a friend who spoke to  me from India, I developed intense dizziness.

I asked him if he too suffered likewise. Apparently, he was totally unaffected.

The mobile phone I have is an expensive, branded one. I cannot blame the quality of the phone for this problem.

At another occasion, when a similar situation arose, I had to speak to my friend using the same instrument, for about 35 minutes. He was the silent listener this time.

After some 35 minutes of continued listening, my friend suddenly complained of intense dizziness.

He said he couldn’t stand listening to me anymore, apologized, and switched off his phone instantly, not bothering to listen to my response.

However, I called him again on the following day, and apologized for ‘drilling’ him with my ‘boring’ talk.

He denied it, saying that the content of the talk did not give him any kind of reaction.

However, I felt, the dizziness could have been due to the monotonous voice with which I have been speaking to him.

When I went to India after a while, in my presence, my friend was seriously ‘firing’ through his mobile phone, one of his Staff for some ‘misbehavior’.

His staff did not switch off his phone, but was patiently listening to all the ‘scolding’.

I asked my friend, after a ‘cool-off’ period, to interview his staff to find if he did get any kind of dizziness.

Well, his staff confessed he has been getting such dizziness whenever the Boss scolded him, but not if the conversation happened to be two-way and smooth.

This tended to made me believe that:

(a)  if two people conversed in low voice - ‘sweet nothing’, similar to what the lovers do, even prolonged periods* do not seem to affect both the parties.

(b)  If both the parties keep conversing in louder voice, both of them tend to get the dizziness after an hour’s time* or so.

(c)  If one person alone talks almost non-stop, the listener tends to get the dizziness after about 35* minutes or so.

(d)  If one person talked monotonously, the listener appears to suffer in about 30* minutes or so.

(e)  If the monotonous voice is used non-stop for scolding a person, the dizziness tends to develop in about 25* minutes.

(* = These are only approximations, based on some general observations.)

To claim a finding to be scientifically true, in the first place, one will have to design a proper experimentation, fool-proof as far as possible.

Such a design should involve adequate number of ‘samples’.

A minimum of twenty samples may reveal some truth.

If the sample number happens to be very large, the result will be very accurate.

In the first place, I accidentally found some phenomenon to occur.

On further inquiry, my recognition appeared to make some sense.

So, I went around interviewing a few people.

That gave me an insight into this problem.

I then felt that there is a definite need to trace the facts behind this ‘guess’. 

This guess, since it is based on some sensible reasoning, can be safely called “A HYPOTHESIS’.

The next stage is that, this hypothesis should be tested out for a positive confirmation.

Such a testing, as I had mentioned earlier, requires proper designing of an experiment, carrying it out properly, gathering data, subjecting the data to some statistical analysis, and then deriving a definite conclusion.

Only such a conclusion will form acceptable and useful information.

When this is done, some other scientist may utilize this finding, do further research to try and overcome the problem .
In other words, someone may develop a mobile phone that will not give dizziness to the listener.

Well, if you are interested in carrying out the experiment, you should approach a Statistician. You can then carry it out for the benefit of human kind. 

However, before you do, it is very important to trace from the already-published works (i.e., literature search) to find if someone has already researched in this area.

If yes, you should plan to continue from where he/she has left it, rather than repeating the same test that would help only to re-confirm the earlier findings.

WHATEVER, FRIENDS, PLEASE REMEMBER NOT TO TALK IN MONOTONOUS VOICE TO PEOPLE.

Of course, it appears is very important to remember not to ‘scold’ them through the mobile phone.

If scolding becomes inevitable, it would perhaps be better to do so in soft voice, rather than doing it in monotonous loud voice.

OK, friends, wish you all very happy mobile phone usage.
Sincerely,

Dr. Palani, Ph.D.

PS:
I just typed in the Google’s search engine the following words:

Dizziness after mobile phone usage: This brought out the following, which you too can click to make a better ‘Literature Search” for proper understanding of the entire picture:

Watch this video: it has some nice and fascinating information related to the usage of mobile phones.

By right, I should have visited these sites before reporting my above findings. 

By not doing so, I think, I have ‘wasted’ my time (as much as yours - I am sorry about it!).

If you have any comments, please post them. I will be only happy to publish, if that proves useful to people - thanks.

OK, bye until my next,
Dr.Palani, Ph.D.



No comments:

Post a Comment