- Moderate intensity light exposure earlier in the day was associated with increased body mass index (BMI).
- Children who received biggest dose of light in the afternoon were slimmer.
- Physical activity was not associated with the body mass of the children.
- This was the first time light has been shown to contribute to weight in children.
- Pre-school children exposed to morning light tend to be heavier. (Dr.Palani: This could be due to the children consuming calcium-rich dairy products in the morning hours).
- According to them: Factors that impact on obesity include calorie intake, decreased physical activity, short sleep duration, and variable sleep timing. Now light can be added to the mix. (Dr. Palani: Calcium accumulation, essentially due to under-urination should be included in the list as the major contributor: For more details, please see my publicatons.)
- It seems they are planning to conduct further studies with pre-schoolers and also infants. (Dr. Palani: I would suggest to include the influence of Calcium Accumulation and its role in causing the obesity under different conditions. This should reveal much meaningful information.)
- *********Well, friends,
- If you have any opinion on the subject, please feel free to post your comments.
- With best wishes,
- Dr.Palani. Ph.D.
2. Palaniappan, V.M. 2000. Health problems: diagnose yourself. Ecohealth Snd. Bhd. Pub., ISBN 978-967-9988-06-6. 148 pp.
3. Palaniappan, V.M., 2001. Heart problems, diabetes, and related diseases. Ecohealth Sdn. Bhd. Pub., ISBN 978-967-9988-08-6. 287 pp.
4. Palaniappan, V.M. 2008. THE TRUE CAUSES OF ALL DISEASES. Neo Health Care: ISBN 978-967-9988-13-0. 192pp. Also available as e-books in KINDLE & AMAZON.COM.
5. Palaniappan, V.M. 2010. Cancer: causes, cure, and prevention. Neo Health Care. 624 pp.