It appears the New Zealand government has released two important health strategies targeting childhood obesity and diabetes.
The University of Otago’s Research Centre has shown appreciation for the strategy, sincerely believing that it is going to work.
I am of the humble opinion that it MAY NOT work, and give them the expected result.
In other words, as it has been happening in all other countries, instead of a decrease in the incidence of obesity and type-2 diabetes, it would only increase to a frightening extent.
I am not a pessimist, nor ‘black-tongued’ that all I say would happen because of some kind of supernatural black-magic-kind of power. Yet, good results may not occur!
I am basing it on scientific facts.
What can that be?
Well, even before I can say anything about it, it would be nice if you can read the news that has come out today in Medical Xpress (dated 21 October 2015): You can go through the following URLhttp://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-10-strategies-diabetes-childhood-obesity.html?utm_source=nwletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=ctgr-item&utm_campaign=daily-nwletterThe strategy for children, it appears, is going to be predominantly based around PHYSICAL ACTIVITY + IMPROVING THE FOOD ENVIRONMENT.
“Improving the food environment” is OK. But then, what do they mean by that?
They are going to discourage children from eating the so-called “JUNK FOOD”.
They may not allow the sale of SUGARY DRINKS in the hospital premises (this is to take care of those who are already-sick with type-2 diabetes).
I suppose, they expect the same thing to be implemented in the schools as well, with a view to preventing children from developing obesity and type-2 diabetes in their ‘later’ years.
The Government may have a few more plans as part of their strategy to eradicate the two problems, viz., obesity and diabetes.
Only with reference to this expectation, I have been trying to tell that their strategy may not work positively, after intensive planning and implementation.
You know why? Now, I can describe the reality:
I have, for sure, found after 40 years of study, that it is NOT sugar or sedentary lifestyle that give rise to obesity and type-2 diabetes.
When a person eats too much of food (with or without fat) that does not give him/her the MORBID-obesity, but only the harmless, clumsy, soft-muscled, fleshy-looking big-sized body.
However, if the person eats too much of food that contains TOO MUCH OF CALCIUM - such as seafood, milk, etc., or if he/she takes CALCIUM-ENRICHED DRINKS and EATABLES, he/she would develop a big physique with CALCIFIED tough muscles (that is often mistaken as a good feature), and this would be the MORBID-obesity that would give him/her the diabetes.
The junk-food as such may not be the culprit.
The chocolates, and chocolate-containing beverages, calcium-added beverages and cereals, etc. are the ones that form the real culprits. Unfortunately, people have been made to believe that these are “healthy items” and that children should be given more of these.
As long as this misconceived, erroneous belief-system prevails, no one can prevent the increase in the number of obesity and diabetes, not only in New Zealand, but world over.
SUGAR as such is NOT the culprit.
Excessive accumulation of CALCIUM within the body, essentially because of the following major FOUR groups, children (or adults) develop type-2 diabetes and ALL other obesity-related diseases.
The FOUR groups are:
1. Defecating SLIMY (or watery) and SHAPELESS STOOLS. This contributes to 28% of the problem of morbid obesity.
Faeces would become slimy due to the intake of excessive fibre, eating over-ripe fruits, biscuits, chocolates, pastries, chronic constipation, etc.
2. Erroneous Eating Habit: This accounts for 26%.
Eating too much of high density food all the time (e.g., meat), rapid eating, gulping / swallong too much of food each mouthful, not chewing the food, late-night dinners, not drinking enough water, drinking too much of juices and soups, AVOIDANCE of SALT and SUGAR, and avoidance of SOUR-tasting fruits.
3. UNDER-URINATION is the third most-important culprit, contributing to 24% of the problem.
It is the urine that removes from the body any unwanted toxic substances as well as all unwanted EXCESSES. Calcium EXCESS forms the most important unwanted item for the body.
If a child (or adult) under-urinates (just 3 or 4 times a day), he/she will definitely become OBESE and would get the TYPE-2 DIABETES.
4. The fourth major culprit, as pointed out earlier, is the CONSUMPTION OF CALCIUM-ENRICHED EATABLES & DRINKS and/or CALCIUM SUPPLEMENTS.
5. There is a FIFTH culprit when it concerns the development of obesity, diabetes, and heart attack in MENOPAUSAL WOMEN.
That is the monthly accumulation of CALCIUM that does not go out of the body as part of the menstrual fluid, after menopause.
If all the above can be taken care of, for sure, the incidence of obesity and type-2 diabetes, as well as nearly all the obesity-related diseases such as kidney stones, heart blockages, blood vessel thickening, hypothyroidism, hypertension, tumours, lumps, and cancers, etc. can be totally prevented /cured.
Since the New Zealand government may not implement all these I have recommended that are based on real studies, their extent of success would stand questionable.
The Government would, after two or three years, find that their strategies of sugar reduction and physical activity increase had failed.
My evaluation of the situation should be applicable to ALL the countries that have been paying more attention only to the WRONG recommendations.
All those who wish to know the correct and scientific procedure to win,
(1) Should read all the related articles I have posted in this blog – all those topics dealing with identical subjects and research papers., and
(2) Should read the following books I have written, without any prejudice:
2. Palaniappan, V.M. 2000. Health problems: diagnose yourself. Ecohealth Snd. Bhd. Pub., ISBN 978-967-9988-06-6. 148 pp.
3. Palaniappan, V.M., 2001. Heart problems, diabetes, and related diseases. Ecohealth Sdn. Bhd. Pub., ISBN 978-967-9988-08-6. 287 pp.
4. Palaniappan, V.M. 2008. THE TRUE CAUSES OF ALL DISEASES. Neo Health Care: ISBN 978-967-9988-13-0. 192pp. Also available as e-books in KINDLE & AMAZON.COM.
5. Palaniappan, V.M. 2010. Cancer: causes, cure, and prevention. Neo Health Care. 624 pp.
7. Palaniappan, V.M 2013. All about obesity in a nutshell. Neo Health Care. ISBN 978-967-9988-18-5. 221 pp.