Even before we can discuss anything about the subject of adenomas or pre-cancerous polyps, or colo-rectal cancer, one should know what exactly we are talking about. The following little but wonderful video explains that in simple terms: All non-medical people should see this:https://www.bowelcanceraustralia.org/what-is-bowel-cancer
The paper we are trying to evaluate today (references are given towards the end of this article) involved some 2,259 people, aged 45 and 73, who had colo-rectal polyps initially.
After knowing the BASICS described above, it would be much easier to understand and appreciate the LATEST news item that has been published in Medical Xpress (14 Ocotber 2015).
At this, you may want to read it in Medical Xpress (14 October 2015), through the following URL:
bones. So, there will not be any FREELY-AVAILABLE
Calcium to promote NEW Polyp formation.
- Calcium WITHOUT Vitamin-D, (essentially if it comes from the slimy faeces) would get impregnated into the Adenoma cells at the lining of the Colo-rectal part of the digestive tract, and thereby would produce Polyps - provided that this Calcium from the diet did NOT get absorbed in the earlier part of the digestive tract.
- Those 43% of the people who DEVELOPED Polyps later, must have either taken MORE Calcium through their food sources that had offset the potentials (beyond the saturation point) of the Vitamin-D (- this would have very little influence), OR could have ACCUMULATED A LOT MORE CALCIUM (without Vitamin-D) through their UNDER-URINATION habit, AND/OR could have also defecated SLIMY faeces most of the time (probably by taking too much of chocolates, over-ripe fruits such as papaya, biscuits, bakery products, etc. – these were NOT monitored in the present study.) So, THAT EXTRA and EXCESSIVE Calcium could have given them the polyps (- these 2 factors could have had greater impact).
* After the removal of the polyps they had, may be the 57% of the people who did not get the problem again, could have started defecating solid and shapely faeces because of the alkalinity of the Calcium (with or without Vitamin-D) supplementation, and THAT could have stopped the release of Calcium from the faeces, and thereby the Adenomatous cells at the lining of the colo-rectal region did not get a fresh supply of calcium for the recurrence of the polyps there.
“If there happens to be far too much of Calcium excesses meant to be stored, cells divide mitotically and store them.Since the Vitamin-D must have fixed the Calcium excesses in the bone, new cells need not form (to store the Calcium excesses). If new cells are not forming, then, there will not be any need for extra blood supply, and therefore, new blood capillaries will not be needed.”(We have to note here that: (a) there is no such thing as “special cancer cells”. (b) Again, none of the cells die. It is just that no new cell will form, simply because, there will not be any need to store Calcium excesses. That is all to it.)To sum up, as per my study/finding:Calcium excesses, when absorbed essentially from the faeces that turn slimy (or watery) for any reason, will give rise to polyps in the first place.Continued absorption of the calcium that way for a prolonged period of about five years or so, may give rise to Colo-rectal CANCER.
* Bowel Cancer Australia 2014. Head Office Address: Level 2, 65 Walker Street, North Sydney NSW 2060. https://www.bowelcanceraustralia.org/what-is-bowel-cancer.
* Baron, J.A., and others (15 Oct. 2015) A trial of Calcium and Vitamin-D for the prevention of colorectal adenomas. The New England Journal of Medicine. Vol.373, No.16. http://www.nejm.org/toc/nejm/medical-journal.
* Medical Xpress (14 October 2015): http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-10-vitamin-d-calcium-colorectal-cancer.html?utm_source=nwletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=ctgr-item&utm_campaign=daily- nwletter
* Palaniappan, V.M. (2008). THE TRUE CAUSES OF ALL DISEASES. ISBN 978-967-9988-13-0. 192pp Neo Health Care Pub., Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. (This alone is available as e-Book in Amazon.com & in Kindle.)
* Palaniappan, V.M. (2010). CANCER: CAUSES, CURE AND PREVENTION. ISBN 978-967-9988-14-7. 624 pages Neo Health Care Pub., Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
* Palaniappan, V.M (2013). ALL ABOUT OBESITY, IN A NUTSHELL. Neo Health Care. 221pp; ISBN 978-967-9988-18-5.